Florists don't get flowers. . . .



In my experience, it is true that florists are never given flowers as a gift!

Until I decided to become a florist in 2003, the usual birthday, thank you or anniversary gift would, nine times out of ten, be a bunch of flowers. Once I'd qualified they stopped. . .  chocolates, books, wine, anything but flowers - why?

I love flowers, that's why I decided to become a florist.

Just because I'm surrounded by flowers in my workshop most of the time, doesn't mean I don't want to get a surprise delivery,  or a bunch of Daffs to say thanks for supper!

Sending and receiving flowers gives me tremendous joy - being a florist doesn't mean we don't appreciate the odd bunch of seasonal flowers from the local supermarket.

So, I was thrilled recently when a friend from London turned up for the weekend, armed with a huge bunch of deep red Alstromeria, which sat on my kitchen windowsill for 2 weeks and cheered me up every time I did the washing up!

Thanks Liz. . . .  you can come again!

No comments:

Post a Comment