Garlands, Garlands, Garlands

Holly and Ivy Door Wreath
I love this time of year when I'm greeted by the familiar Christmas pine fragrance every time I open my workshop.

I get great pleasure making wreaths, whether it's for a wedding, funeral or Christmas, they all have the same sentiment - the circle of life.

A tradition thought to have started in ancient Rome, Christmas Door wreaths are formed in a circle to signify eternity and hung on the front door to represent happiness and luck for the New Year.

Each Christmas wreath is constructed by hand onto a wire frame, bound with fresh moss and decorated with fresh evergreens.  Designed to be hung outside, they last well into the New Year as long as they're sprayed with a mist of water every couple of days.

I have a selection of traditional rustic designs to choose from, or if you have a specific colour/theme, I'm happy to create a bespoke design.


1 comment:

  1. Great article on Garlands, very informative. I didn't know this information before, so this was very curious to read. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete